Hey! It's Saturday, October 8th! This week, the majority of my focus was on item icons, and I made quite a bit of progress. Although most of the items have not been added in, this is a big step towards alpha release. There is roughly thirty more item icons to draw, and almost all of those icons are armor pieces. Anyway, let's jump in.
Below is a list of all the item icons I completed this week, and this video shows off how I created some of them. Unfortunately, I had to split up the image due to it being too large for my website to resize.
- Band Of Nature. Running through flora does not hurt them.
- Ring Of The Flameful. Heightens embers received from fallen foes.
- Spellcaster's Patron. Slowly regenerates magical energy.
- Resistance Armyll. Heightens resistance against negative statuses, magical attacks, and stunning.
- Ring Of Renewal. Heightens stamina regeneration.
- Conserver's Ring. Small chance ingredients won’t be used up when crafting, brewing, or smelting.
- Ring Of Hastening. Heightens attack speed of weapons.
- Tongues Of Foreigners. Allows comprehension of previously unknown languages.
- Chain Of Easing. Armor weight is halved.
- Casual's Necklace. Prevents death. [Alpha item, only available when beginning a new game]
- Wanderer's Bandstrot. Improves stats, and allows unlimited teleportation to the last soulgate rested at.
- Tonic Of Force. Heightens physical attack damage for a time.
- Spearguard's Stimulant. Heightens defense against physical attacks for a time.
- Stilling Concoction. Temporarily improves accuracy with archery weapons.
- Drop Of Celerity. Temporarily increases movement speed.
- Tarnished Shortsword. A dull sword, impractical and weak.
- Pale Poker. A palewood rapier. In such good repair, it was likely decor for a lord's hold.
- Wyrmtooth. A strong bone in the shape of a dragon's tooth, crafted into a weapon.
- Sacrificial Dagger. An iron weapon with an unusual enchant.
- Old Knight's Longsword. A weapon of a knight, whose name was lost many seasons ago.
- Primitive Spear. A makeshift weapon of those who have little.
- Stonestrike Halberd. A poweful weapon said to be able to slice through stones with ease.
- Huntress Shortbow. A shortbow commonly used by southern huntresses.
- Beastfeller's Arweblast. A heavy crossbow issued to those who wish to slay large beasts.
- Wallguard's Crossbow. Crossbow of a common guard.
- Longbow Of The Keen. A bow of eastern origin, allows the wielder to see further.
- Old Knight's Greatshield. A greatshield of a renowned knight.
- Villagekeeper Shield. A shield from small villages in the province of Arisonte.
- Caster's Shortstaff. A magical shortstaff.
- Lightworker's Quarterstaff. A quarterstaff of uncertain origins. Perhaps it once belonged to a recluse?
- Warmage's Longstaff. A longstaff with an iron-tip, useful for spellcasting and stabbing.
- Of Blessings & Sundries. A wellkept book on blessings and sundries. It has an odd energy about it.
- Grimoire Of Chants. A list of chants and cursings, an uneasiness is given to its reader.
- Explosive Flask. A flask of volatile liquid.
- Poisonous Flask. A flask of poisonous liquid.
- Iron Francisca. A throwing axe wrought from iron.
- Iron-Tipped Stake. Palewood stake tipped with iron, intended to be thrown.
- Eastern Skullpiercer. A javelin of sorts, from the land of Liyawane.
- Caster's Hood. Hood worn by a spellcaster.
- Caster's Plated Robes. Plated robes worn by a spellcaster.
- Caster's Legs. Wool legs worn by a spellcaster.
- Caster's Armbraces. Armbraces worn by a spellcaster.
- Caster's Footgear. Foot protection worn by a spellcaster.
- Mender's Mucilage. A tree sap mixture favored by those who wish to mend things.
- Familiar Fragment. An item of unknown familiarity. Transports you back to the last soulgate rested at.
Next week, I plan on finishing the rest of the item icons and add as much of them as I can into the game. Maybe I'll mix in a little bit of level design too.
As always, if you have any ideas, constructive criticism, or just want to tell me how much you dislike my game, you can: Send me an email, tweet @TheShyyGuy, comment on the Facebook page, or respond in the comment section below.
From Enckling, with love.