Hello, hello! I hope you're New Year's Eve was enjoyable, and 2017 is going great for you. This marks the first weekly update for 2017, and it's the 40th! Bonus points, right? Here are the minor changes:
- Added DecorObject.cs.
- Added scrolling to the tiles window in the TileEditor UI.
- The game will now auto-load my profile if debugging. Quicker, yay!
- Small positioning enhancements to entity captions and info HUD.
- Added an option for shadows to DecorObject.cs.
- Added damage multiplier to different WeaponCollisions of the same weapon. E.G., front of a hammer may deal more damage than the backside.
- Fixed a small issue that caused all HUD buttons to be selected.
- Fixed depth issues with DecorObject.cs and WavyFlora.cs.
- Rocks (twenty-seven variants)
- Small Rocks (twelve variants)
- Fallen branches (five variants)
- Skull & bones
- Pond animations
What is ImageCrypt? Basically, it takes any file and convert it into an image. Video files, audio files, pdfs, zip files, anything. The image below is an example of a video file. To anyone who doesn't understand how it works, it looks a lot like magic. I won't explain how exactly it works to prevent reverse engineering, but it's pretty cool. You can download it over at the software page.
Since grass, cliff, and pond tiles take up roughly 85% of the alpha map, I'm getting closer to finishing up the game world assets. Then I'll put the first map together to get a feel for what I'm missing. Thank you for reading!
If you have any ideas, constructive criticism, or just want to tell me how much you dislike my game, you can: Send me an email, tweet @TheShyyGuy, comment on the Facebook page, or respond in the comment section below.
From Enckling, with love.