Welcome. I'm excited to share this update with you. I'm heading in a new and positive direction with Monument, as I shift from independent game developer to creator. While I'll still do games, I don't want to limit myself to just that.
On a personal note, I finally created a better online alias and identity. TheShyyGuy was an old username from almost 7 years ago, and I felt it no longer represented me. If you see a username called Soestae in your timeline and have no idea who he is, that's me! And, birthday milestone tomorrow: I turn 21.
Alright, alright. Here are the minor revisions.
- Added BaseOffset vector to Element.cs. Now elements can return home.
- ContainerElement.cs now sets a removed element's target offset, so they return home.
- Added in code to support shaders with multiple techniques.
- Fixed a memory leak caused by not disposing AlphaTestEffect (used for masking UIs).
- Added control-neutral code support to Element.cs.
- Added control-neutral element selection to UserInterface.cs. This is important for gamepad and keyboard navigating UIs.
- Added sci-fi shader technique. Future!
- Cleaned up Controls.cs, and added Gamepad support.
- Overrided default gamepad controls for all interactable elements.
- Minor clean up to UserInterface.cs.
- Added DialElement.cs. It's like sliders, but rounder!
- Added KeepInBounds(). It'll gently push the UI back onto the screen if it wanders too far.
- Added RadialBlur technique to the list of available shaders.
- Completed the logo for Monument. It's neat!
- Revamped nearly half of the Discord server, changing it from company-focused to game launcher (Monument).
- Completed specific textures for Monument: UI frame, background, text input box, button, checkbox + animation, checkbox mark + animation, horizontal divider.
- Completed the small and large fonts for Monument.
- ImageElement and derived classes now support smooth scaling and rotation.
- DialElement now smoothly scrolls across the -180 gap.
- TextLineElement now must be activated if using keyboard to navigate to it.
Officially announcing Monument, the upcoming games launcher. This is one of the first steps in building up a community, and a new path for Enckling Games. The launcher will have similar sections to the PoE launcher, such as login, games, downloading, and about. There's also plans for a secret section, only accessible in a secret way, and will reveal secret knowledge with a secret key (or something).
Lastly, I'll code a Monument updater, which will download and install the latest launcher version (think Discord).
I'm very happy with the name and how the graphics turned out. It has a geometrical, earthy feeling. I looked up celtic art, which inspired the edges. When creating the font, I realized how careful I had to be. Geometrical can look futuristic, and that was not what I wanted. As you can see in the picture above, it looks great, and fits very well with the other graphics. The large font is the same, except a couple times larger and with a median effect applied to round out the pixel edges. Most of the graphics are complete, so now I need to polish the UI library before I feel comfortable making it.
With this announcement, the Discord server is now called Monument Society instead of Enckling Games. Additionally, the Patreon page has begun renovations, shifting its focus from supporting Pilgrimage of Embers only to Monument, which includes all games, prototypes, and even tools I create. I intend to keep the same costs, and stay per game update release. I will complete the Patreon page after I complete the games launcher.
Now, most of you who signed up for the Pilgrimage of Embers alpha will not have access to the new games launcher, but can certainly gain access easily by supporting me on Patreon (after it's been sent out, of course).
I'm expecting to complete and release Monument by update #60. Let's see if I can complete it by then!
If you have any ideas, constructive criticism, or just want to tell me how much you dislike what I make, you can: Send me an email, tweet @Soestae, gab to @Soestae, comment on the Facebook page, or respond in the comment section below.
Do you want to support my projects? Here's what you can do:
- Become a Patron here!
- Tell your friends and family about my projects!
- Retweet, repost, and share the content that you like!
Thank you for reading!
From Enckling, with love.