Hey, I hope you've been well. A lot happened these past couple of weeks! Here are the minor revisions (long!):
- UI Library: Renamed the "UI Library" to "Aeta", and made a neat logo for it.
- Aeta UI: Improved and cleaned up TextLineElement.
- Website: Visiting enckling.com/discord now loads a cover page with the discord widget rather than redirecting to the invite URL.
- Website: Changed the Promo Popup from PoE to Monument focused.
- Website: Added "Seek" link to enckling.com navigation. This will direct you to the search function.
- Website: Moved date to bottom of posts, and added author alongside it.
- Website: Author link now redirects to the Soestae twitter profile.
- Aeta UI: TextLineElement now supports sensitive data and a customizable sensitive symbol.
- Aeta UI: Fixed the render order of elements.
- Aeta UI: Fixed ButtonBoxElement clickbox not adjusting with origin.
- Aeta UI: Fixed TextLineElement sensitive data relying on regular text than the custom symbol for IndexPosition.
- Aeta UI: Added IsLocked boolean to Element. This is used to prevent conflicting shortcuts (especially helpful for typing).
- Aeta UI: Added defaultElement to UserInterface.cs. If the controlledElement is null, it can optionally be set to defaultElement now.
- Aeta UI: BoxElement.cs and ButtonBoxElement.cs now set their UI's controlledElement to themselves if mouse is hovering.
- Website: Added Itch.io social link to the footer, and removed the Facebook link.
- Marketing: Updated my itch.io page (https://soestae.itch.io/). I've neglected it for years now.
- Aeta UI: Added IsLocked boolean to UserInterface.cs. Prevents other UIs from gaining control until the current UI is finished.
- Aeta UI: Added action queueing to UserInterface.cs.
- Aeta UI: Added IsInteract and IsRendered booleans to individual elements.
- Aeta UI: Added the ability to delay control checking. Useful when element misclicks occur during UI transitions.
- Aeta UI: Added Animator.cs, used for animating textures.
- Aeta UI: Added AnimatedCheckboxElement.cs. Like CheckboxElement, but with animation.
- Aeta UI: Removed rightClicked and middleClicked animations states. They now use "Clicked".
- Aeta UI: Made public the "OnX" events. You no longer have to add or remove through a method (AddEvent, RemoveEvent).
- Aeta UI: Separated "onControls" event into individual control types: onMouseControls, onKeyboardControls, onGamepadControls, and onAltControls.
- Aeta UI: Updated how controls flow on all elements.
- Aeta UI: Added TargetRender and TargetUpdater strings to Element.cs. Used for filtering what gets drawn and updated.
- Aeta UI: Replaced FadeIn() and FadeOut() with Fade(color, speed).
- Aeta UI: Renamed a few variables. RenderOffset to Center, InterfaceSize to Size, InterfaceOrigin to SizeCenter, InterfacePercentage to SizePercentage.
- Aeta UI: Added two positional variables. TopLeft and BottomRight, which are at the top-left and bottom-right corners of the UI.
- Aeta UI: Added ToolTip.cs. Perfect for giving descriptions to elements.
- Website: Added Mastodon social link to the footer.
- Aeta UI: Removed "SetInteraction" from UserInterface.cs. Interaction can be set manually with IsInteract boolean.
I've talked about this in a previous update, but it was under a different name. Aeta UI is a user interface library coded for use in C# and MonoGame. Since working on the Monument games launcher, I have discovered a lot of very specific details that needed refining. You can see all these changes in the minor revisions above.
I am planning on releasing this as a .dll soon, but first I need to get a license written up and the documentation. I'll walk you through the setup process and troubleshooting, so I'm anticipating it to be 15 or 20 pages long. I may not have time to do this until after I release Monument.
A lot of progress has been made to Monument since the last update. Then, it was just images and a font, but now it's functional experience. In the video above, you'll see the login, message box, about, settings, assets, and item UIs (in that order). It's still a work-in-progress, but I'm very happy with how far it's come.
So, what's left? Not including the inner workings, quite a bit. There's an empty space on the right panel of the about UI. The settings UI should have more options. The item UI is completely empty. I need to add a Downloading UI, which shows information about an item's download status. Also need to add in a title bar, and remove the default Windows title bar. Thankfully, Aeta UI makes all of this easy to code in. It's the planning stage for each UI that takes time.
If you have any ideas, constructive criticism, or just want to tell me how much you dislike what I make, you can:
Do you want to support my projects? Here's what you can do:
- Become a Patron here!
- Tell your friends and family about my projects!
- Retweet, repost, and share the content that you like!
Thank you for reading!
From Enckling, with love.