'Pilgrimage of Embers' is a 2D dark-fantasy action role-playing game currently being developed in C# and MonoGame. I'm taking bits of inspiration from 'Dark Souls', 'Dragon's Dogma', 'Skyrim', and whatever game I'm currently playing. There are other minor influences from a variety of cultures, including some Nordic and Celtic folklore and the Middle English language.
After the game engine is finished and refined to the degree that I am satisfied with, I will use time to create a map for the alpha testers to showcase most of the game features. The alpha will be continually updated for the alpha testers.
- Over fifty major locations planned, including six dungeons and more than fifteen forsaken cities and villages
- Twelve useful skills, from Concealment to Awareness, Agility to Archery
- Choose your 'Birthplace' and 'Class'
- Immersive lore and characters
- Unique combat and magic system
- Extensive map creation tools
- Planned online co-op and modding*
* Features I would love to add in provided I have the technical skill to accomplish it
What you can do
If you like what I'm working on, here are some ideas you can do to lend me a hand:
- Follow @TheShyyGuy, and retweet content that you like.
- Like Enckling on Facebook, and share what you like.
- Provide constructive criticism on what you don't like, and give me suggestions and ideas.
- Tell your friends and family about this game project, and share this website with others.
- Become a Patron on my Patreon page.
Your help is immensely appreciated!